Monday, May 31, 2010

Thinking about Sam as an immigrant

Occasionally as we make our way through the book, I will post questions.  You can engage with them as much or as little as you'd like....  You might post responses, think about the question and keep the answers to yourself, or ignore them entirely.  I know we'll all read the book at different points and paces during the summer so feel free to come back to the questions when you're ready for them.

That said, my goal is that they will help you pull more from the novel so that when we return in the fall you are ready to talk and write intelligently about the book.  Also, please feel free to ask your own questions. You can email me and I'll put them in as posts on the blog or you can just ask a question in the comments section.  


Here's my first question:

Sam Hamilton is called a "shining man"and his children are an immigrant family. What comes with Sam and his wife Liza from the "old country"? How does living in America change them and their children? What opportunities does America provide for the clan, and what challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment