Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Suggestions for People Whose Hearts are in the Math or Sciences

Because I understand that some of you identify as "math people" or "science people" I thought we might start a list of books that make for good reading in those areas.... I'll start it out.

Books for Math People:
Proofiness: the Dark Arts of Mathematical Deception by Charles Sheife is about statistics and how they can be manipulated.  He also wrote Zero: The Biography of A Dangerous Idea
The Calculus Diaries: How Math Can Help You Loose Weight, Win in Vegas, and Survive a Zombie Apocalypse by Jennifer Ouellette.. I think the title says it all.

Books for Science People:
Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin is a very readable book about evolution and human organs and other interesting things.
Woman: An Intimate Geography by Natalie Angier is about, well, how women's bodies work... way more science than you got in health class.

I'll add more to this list as I think of them.  Please feel free to do the same by commenting to this post.
And for those of you who are asking, I'll have the SSR assignment for you next class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment